Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is it true? Squirrel with mashed potatoes , onions and grilled mice tails is a traditional American dish?

Not a traditional American dish! Thanks for the laugh!


I've heard of southerners eating squirrel but never mice tails!!! Maybe I'll tell my family that's what I'm serving for the holidays and see who shows up!Is it true? Squirrel with mashed potatoes , onions and grilled mice tails is a traditional American dish?
I would think only in the southern states. Northern people won't eat such things.Is it true? Squirrel with mashed potatoes , onions and grilled mice tails is a traditional American dish?
inny minny miney moe, catch a ****** by the toe, if he squeals let him go, inny minny miney moe
GROSS
how did you know that, ofcourse it is
.....How did you know----I just love me some of those crunchy mice tails-----goes down good........What is your countries traditional meal?
It may have been on the table in frontier days, but not now. For one thing, squirrels don't carry much meat. Four-legged animals used for food in the US include beef, pork, mutton, and buffalo, and that's about all.
hahahahahahaha
People eat squirrel in the south, with everything you mentioned minus the mouse tails. So yes, it is true.
eww... I'd never eat that. And no, it's not traditional


However, I know couple people who went to college with me who were rednecks who did mention eating squirrels, but I willingly ignore that memory.
in the south, southern people eat that mess. northeners eat what you eat
While squirrel can indeed be eaten, the tradition of squirrel with mashed potatoes, onions and grilled mice tails doesn't quite cut it on most American tables.


However, you *can* prepare squirrel in a way similar to this; my mom made it a couple of times when my uncle would occasionally snag squirrels on his hunting trips. It's chicken-fried squirrel (tastes similar to rabbit) smothered in a really savory onion gravy seasoned with fresh herbs and served with mashed potatoes. No mice tails, though - she usually just settled for making a pot of collard greens with smoked hamhocks. Toss in some hot buttered rolls and a tall glass of sweet tea, and I'm one happy camper.
Yes in Timbucktoo Alabama
only in the south...
  • lancome
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment